MoU between APSSDC and APS European Center for Mechatronics for setting up “Indo-European skilling centers for Mechatronics & Industrial Robotics” in Andhra Pradesh
Author: Desk November 2, 2018
A one of a kind initiative by APSSDC and Government of Andhra Pradesh in creating a world class ecosystem in the fields of industrial manufacturing and robotics, collaborating with german partners APS European Center for Mechatronics in training students at bachelors engineering level, preparing them to be industry ready by the time of graduation.
- Creation of a network of 40 nodal research centers “Indo-European skilling centers for Mechatronics and Industrial Robotics” in engineering colleges across AP.
- Training 250 students (3rd and 4th Year) from each college in the fields of Mechatronics, Robotics and Industrial Manufacturing.
- Establishing Applied Robot Control Labs (ARC Labs) in the nodal research centers to deliver this program.
- Training of students and faculty by German experts, extending hand holding support in upgrading skillsets of the students to global standards.
- Equipping the nodal research centers with state of the art Training robots by COMAU Automation company, imported from Germany.
- Hands on training for students on the state of the art industrial robots, stimulating environment close to actual manufacturing industry for understanding and creating solutions for real time issues.
- 3 phase training via. ARC 1.0, ARC 2.0 and ARC 3.0 for the students to achieve skill sets matching global standards.
- Creation of abundant talent pool in Andhra Pradesh and make it the ultimate destination for global industries to setup their facilities.
- Pilot phase (1st year) of the project with 12 Nodal Research Centers, ARC Labs and 480 students will commence from December 2018.
At the end of this 5 year project, a total of 40,000+ students highly skilled/trained to the highest global standards in the fields of industrial robotics and manufacturing automation skills with hands-on experience at industrial production sites or at engineering / research centres will be ready in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Paving way for the Sunrise state of Andhra Pradesh to attract high end manufacturing, robotics industries to set up their facilities and create a sustainable ecosystem to better the lives of greater public.