Ministry of Tourism celebrates ‘3rd International Day of Yoga’
Author: Desk June 20, 2017
The Ministry of Tourism is celebrating the 3rd International Day of Yoga (IDY) through various initiatives:
1. A 30 second Radio Spot promoting Yoga was developed and is airing on 17 AIR FM stations starting 14th June.
2. A 60 second Television commercial promoting India as a land of Yoga has been developed. A month long TV campaign promoting Yoga is to be launched on Doordarshan network on 21st June.
3. A campaign promoting Yoga is running on all social network channels of Ministry of Tourism from 15th May 2017 to 21st June 2017.
4. IDY 2017 posters and standees developed to be used by Indiatourism international and domestic offices.
5. The International Day of Yoga was highlighted at the India stand at SATTE, Delhi in Feb 2017 and Yogshala Expo held in Delhi in June 2017.
6. A group of 53 international guests comprising of tour operators promoting Yoga, Journalists and photographers, Yoga Gurus and opinion makers from across the globe have been invited by Ministry of Tourism on a familiarisation trip. The group will participate in the main IDY celebrations to be held on 21st June at Lucknow in which the Prime Minister is participating. The group will then visit various Yoga institutions and Wellness Centres in the country in order to have a first hand knowledge and promote India as a destination for Yoga in their own countries.
7. The Indiatourism offices overseas are organising and playing a prominent role in the organising of International Day of Yoga celebrations in the countries under their jurisdictions. Indiatourism offices in India, Institutes of the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) and Indian Institutes of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) will also be organising International Day of Yoga events.
8. The private sector is also encouraging participation in Yoga Day events with Tour Operators planning special trips to Yoga camps and special Yoga Experiences for groups who are visiting on the Yoga Day.