Mid-Term Snacks for Diabetic Students
Author: Desk March 16, 2017
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a circular on 21.02.2017 allowing to carry eatables to the examination centre by Type 1 Diabetic Candidates of class X and XII. Circular is available on the web-site of CBSE (www.cbse.nic.in). Candidates are allowed to carry the following eatables with them to the examination centre:
• Sugar tablets/ Chocolate/Candy
• Fruits like Banana/Apple/Orange
• Snack items like Sandwich
• Small bottle of water (500 ml)
The following modalities are required to be observed by the candidates –
They shall have to submit a certificate from diabetic Specialist alongwith full diabetic history, nature of their diabetes and the need for snacks during the examination which shall be forwarded by the Principal of the school where the student is studying.
• The food items shall be kept with the invigilators at the examination centre concerned, who on their need, shall hand over the eatables to these candidates.
• This information was given by the Minister of State (HRD), Shri Upendra Kushwaha today in a written reply to a Rajya Sabha question.