AP allocated RS 1.57 LAKH CRORE BUDGET
Author: Desk March 15, 2017
Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh today presented nearly Rs 1.57 lakh crore budget for 2017-18.
The state Finance Minister Y. Ramakrishnudu proposed total expenditure at 1.57 lakh crore, including revenue expenditure of Rs 1.26 lakh crore and capital expenditure of Rs 31,087 crore.
The AP govt has allocated Rs 1,061 crore for the development of the new state capital.
- Following are the highlights of the Budget :
- Rs 400 crores for women empowerment,
- Women finance corporation gets huge impetus with Rs 400 crore allotment.
- Rs 89 crore allocated for the welfare of disabled.
- Rs 260 crore allocated for development of village roads.
- Solar pump sets will be distributed to farmers at subsidised prices.
- Rs 40,000 to poor Christians who are willing to visit Jerusalem.
- Budget for agriculture increased to 7.73%.
- Rs 383 crore allocated to forest department.
- Agriculture loan waiver Rs 3600 crore. Rs 1,600 crore allotted to SHG loan investment.
- Rs 4376 crore allocated for Pensions.
- Rs 382 crore for IT and electronics.
- Rs 125 crores for small and medium scale industries.
- Andhra Pradesh pollution control board gets Rs 4,183 crore.
- Rs 398 crores for Skill development scheme.
- Rs 500 crore allotted to unemployment honorarium.
- Free LPG connection for poor gets Rs 350 crores.
- Capital region development authority gets Rs 1,061 crore. SAAP gets 195 crores.
- NTR Vaidya Seva gets a big allocation of Rs 1,000 crore.
- Power subsidy for poor increased from 50 to 75 units.
- Smart cities get Rs 450 crore and other smart cities to be developed by the state government get Rs 150 crore.
- Anna canteens modelled on the lines of Amma canteens in Tamil Nadu gets Rs 100 crore.
- Rs 97 crore allocated for Brahmin welfare.
- ST component fund gets Rs 3,528 crore.
- Rs 92 crore allocated for Ambedkar memorial Park in capital Amaravati.
- Safe drinking water project NTR Sujala Sravanthi gets Rs 100 crore.
- Rs 97 crore for Ambedkar Smritivanam in Amaravati .
- Education sector gets a sizeable allocation of Rs 20,384 crore.
- Rural development gets huge allocation with agriculture sector getting Rs 8790 crore.
- The budget reflects vision 2029, says the finance minister.
- Unemployment allowance gets Rs 500 crore. Unemployment allowance is one of the main promises of the TDP.
- Rs 1,25,911 crore is the revenue deficit the highest for any state.